Our Vision

Vision

All YWAM locations carry the original motto, “To Know God and Make Him Known”. But what makes YWAM Northwoods unique is our passion to do missions from a heart of worship. We are moved with compassion for those who have never heard the name of Jesus.  95% of missionaries today are ministering in areas already saturated by the Gospel, leaving only 5% to reach those who have not yet heard. We get excited and strive to imitate the heroes in the book of Acts, who planted the first churches in the hardest and darkest places. It stirs our hearts to know that we are laying foundations that generations will build upon for decades to come.

Here at YWAM Northwoods, we champion young people and foster families to lead lives of excellence within a trusting community. We intentionally disciple and evangelize locally to practice the very thing that we then take to the nations. We believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ cannot be encapsulated and kept secret for exclusive groups. At YWAM Northwoods, our aim is to take the gospel “from the wilderness to the world”.

Values

Centrality of Christ
The person, the teachings, and the presence of Lord is why we live and breathe. We are committed to upholding and lifting Him up through our worship, prayer, and study of the Scriptures.

Family
We maintain an intentional and deep commitment to bringing Christ to the center of marriage and family relationships—set apart to holiness, loving Jesus and each other.

Unreached People Groups
We search across the globe, looking for the remote and isolated places where the name of Jesus Christ has not yet been uttered. These places have become a part of who we are, both in prayer and in action.

Worship & Prayer
We say “Yes and Amen” to the linking of arms between YWAM and the International House of Prayer in Kansas City (IHOP–KC). We not only have helped establish a House of Prayer in the nearby town of Chetek, WI, but we have a growing number of staff who are building worship programs and schools.

Excellence
“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men” (Colossians 3:23).  He is the Lord God of beauty, glory, and holiness.  We want to steward His creation in a way that says we have the dna of our Father and we reflect His glory.  As beloved children we want to imitate His excellence in every work we set our hands to.

Discipleship
We labor to see individuals of all walks of life with deep and strong character, built through prayerful study of the Word of God, that will be sustained for lifelong intimacy with Jesus and anointed service in God’s kingdom.